Kerela is not just an Indian state but a true treasure for nature lovers. The breathtaking beauty of Kerla lies in its backwaters, hill stations, and soothing beaches. If you are looking for a summer escape then no place could be better than Kerela.
Kerela’s culture and rich traditions are ingrained in every family. People here know how to respect nature as well as nurture it. Every year thousands of travelers from all over the world come to see some of the alluring beauty of Kerala.
At every turn, you will find peace and tranquillity. Kerela is referred to be “God’s Own Country” for a reason. And in order to do so, one needs investigate the greatest tourist destinations in Kerala.
Kerala’s tea gardens are beautiful to look at, and they make great backgrounds for Instagram-worthy photos. Kerala’s backwaters are among the most well-known tourist attractions. In order to experience their seductive stillness, people travel from all over the country.
So, plan a visit to watch the most beautiful tourist spots of Kerala. Here is the list of the best places to visit in Kerela with pictures. Also, look at these Top 10 Most Famous Valleys in India.
10 Best Places to Visit in Kerela
Whether it is a solo trip, a family trip, or a honeymoon Kerala suits every plan. Look below for the perfect travel guide to visit Kerala.
1. Alleppey – Beautiful backwaters
Kerela is famous for its backwaters and Alleppey is the place best to see offbeat Kerela backwaters. Alleppey is also known as Alappuzha. Located near Cochin was called “Venice of the East” by Lord Curzon.
If you are looking for the best tourist places in Kerala for a three-day trip then Alleppey is your place. It is known for its backwater trips, houseboat stay, and mesmerizing view.
- The best to visit this breathtaking place is between September to May.
- Alappuzha Beach, Krishna Puram Palace, Krishna Puram bird century, Marari Beach, and Punnamada Lake are some of the best places to visit in Alleppey.
2. Munnar – A majestic hill station
Munnar is a stunning hill station in Kerela. It is primarily recognized for its never-ending panorama of enthralling tea plantations. This stunning hill region in Kerala is also a popular honeymoon destination.
Walking around the trails and through the tea gardens with your partner is a lovely thing to experience. Nothing could be more peaceful than a vacation to Munnar, with its misty valleys, low-flying clouds, and scented flora. Therefore, It is also one of the greatest tourist destinations in Kerala.
- October to March is the best time to visit Munnar
- Don’t miss covering its popular places like the TATA tea museum, Attukal and Cheeyappara waterfalls, and the Pothanmedu viewpoint.
3. Thekkady – the world of wildlife
Nestled in the dense forest of Kerala, Thekkady is a paradise for wildlife lovers. This national park is home to many exotic flora and fauna. It is among the famous forest tourist places in Kerala. Animals like tigers, elephants, deer, bison, boars, and macaques could be found here.
People love to visit Thekkady as it is the best tourist place to visit in Kerala. What could be more beautiful than looking at nature and animals living in their natural habitat?
- Must visit Thekkady between November to May as the weather is clear.
- There are plenty of places to visit in Thekkady, Elephant Junction, Periyar Lake, and Kadathanadan Kalari Centre are some of them.
4. Kumarakom – soothing surroundings
Kumarakom is among the most beautiful tourist spots in Kerala to witness the most mesmerizing sunrise. The place is so quiet and soothing that all you can hear is nature’s melody. Living in a houseboat, cruising, fishing, and eating the delicious Kerala cuisine are some of the best things to enjoy in Kumarakom.
- Between September to May is the best time to visit Kumarakom.
- Popular tourist attractions of Kumarakom are Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom bird century and Backwaters, Aruvikkuzhi Waterfall, and Pathirimal Island.
- look at these Best Waterfalls in Kerala | Famous Highest Waterfalls in Kerala
5. Wayanad – the valley of trails
Wayanad is a captivating place Surrounded by lush green vegetation and heavenly trails. It also falls among the greenest places in Kerela. This popular tourist spot is so iconic, the view from the hilltop is surreal. You can see clouds floating down and mountains covered with unbelievable beauty and a serene atmosphere.
Walking through the trails in Wayanad is an unforgettable experience. It is one of the best places to visit in Kerala for nature lovers. People who want to feel free and breathe the smell of nature should visit Wayanad once.
- July and August are the best months to visit Wayanad as this place looks heavenly in monsoon.
- Thusharagiri Waterfall, Thirunelli temple, Banasura Hill, and Lakkidi viewpoint are the best places to visit in Wayanad.
6. Kovalam – A beautiful beach
Kovalam Beach is one of the most prominent beaches of Kerela. It can bless you with the most beautiful sunsets of your life. People love to come here every year for its famous new year celebration.
The calmness, beauty, and coastline of Kovalam make it one of the best tourist places to visit in Kerala. It is just 14 km away from Trivandrum Railway Station and 15 km far from Trivandrum International Airport.
- The best time to visit Kovalam is between September to May.
- The best places to visit in Kovalam are Thiruvallam Parasurama Temple, Vizhinjam Marine Aquarium, Halcyon Castle, Akkulam Lake, Vizhinjam Fishing Harbor and the Lighthouse, Samudra Beach.
Calicut is also known as Kozhikode. It is known for its authentic cuisine, exotic species, great architecture, and historical sites. It is the place where the culture of Kerela could be observed closely.
The beaches, temples, and magnificent waterfalls of Calicut attract a huge amount of tourists every year. Kozhikode is one of the most active commercial cities in Kerala. Don’t miss to eat its delicious food. Also, Look at these 15 Unique Dishes You Will Only Find in India: Taste of Indian Cuisines
- September to May is the best time to explore Kozhikode
- Calicut Beach, Mananchira, Conolly Canal, Hilite Mall, Kallayi, Kappad Beach, Thusharagiri Waterfalls, Sargaalaya, Payyoli Beach, Kozhippara Falls, and Tali Temple are some of the best places to visit in Kozhikode.
- Also, look at these 7 Best Cottages In Vagamon Amid The Fascinating Hills Of Kerala